Friday, July 27, 2007

28


when i was little, every year on my birthday my mom would play a cassette that was a personalized birthday song. it was a space explorer named "zoom," who came to earth" just to sing happy birthday to me"... i can still hear the song in my head, thats how many times i heard it as a kid! the funny thing is, they apparently still make this (cd-of course!) i found the website...no joke http://www.captainzoom.com/index.html
so obviously today is my birthday & i am 28...it's probably been about18 years since i've heard the tape. i wonder if i'll do silly things like that for jackson! he's already had his first birthday...no zoom tape, but i did make him a special birthday breakfast & sang to him...so maybe i will...actually i know i will, i am my mother's daughter after all!
it's so funny how birthday's, as you get older, just become another day of the week that just happens to be your birthday! i don't mean that to sound pathetic...honestly! i actually have it pretty good because my husband's birthday is sunday, so we plan to celebrate together on saturday! it's so fun having such close birthdays...especially since john only started celebrating his birthday when he met me...3 years ago! his family doesn't celebrate birthdays! how sad is that!
anyway...this year will be especially fun because we'll have a baby-sitter! we don't get to go out together, alone very often so this is going to be great! last year jackson was only a few weeks old...so there was no partying! woohoo!!!
i'll look forward to tomorrow night but for today i'll just listen to the "zoom" in my head!
"my name is zoom & i live on the moon & i came down to earth just to sing you this tune...singing lauren it's your birthday, singing lauren happy birthday today!"

3 comments:

Becky R said...

I so remember that cassette. I was jealous that you had something so cool with your name in it. Happy Birthday! I love you!

Becky R said...

I went to the website, Zoom also has a wedding song. LOL!!! WHY????

Becky R said...

Six word Meme

This meme originated over an idea that was prompted by the book written by Larry Smith & Rachel Fershleiser, Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six Word Memoirs by Writers Famous & Obscure. It’s a compilation based on the story that Hemingway once bet ten dollars that he could sum up his life in six words. His words were, “For Sale: Baby Shoes, Never Worn.”



1. Write your own six word memoir.
2. Post it to your blog including a visual illustration if you would like.
3. Link to the person who tagged you in your post and to this original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blog sphere.
Storing up treasures in Heaven has tagged me
4. Tag 5 more blogs with links.
5. Don’t forget to leave a comment in the tagged blogs with an invitation to play.

My six word meme is:

I mess up way too much









I tag:
Kelly
Lauren
Kevin
Mom
Duane